Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requiem (Chronicles of Hyboria)

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Assassin Build

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Seshafir
Commandant
Commandant
Lady Seshafir

Number of posts : 111
Toon : Seshafir (Tempest of Set), Enyla (Ranger)
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Assassin Build Empty
PostSubject: Assassin Build   Assassin Build Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:57 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/froghappy
Lady Seshafir
Commandant
Commandant
Lady Seshafir

Assassin Build Empty
PostSubject: Question for Robb   Assassin Build Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:08 am

Have you tried respecing your feat build. I've read in a couple forum that at the higher/est levels of the game that the Corruption Build is better, while the Lotus build is better at the lower levels for leveling up. Just a thought. Cool

Here is another posting of suggested feat trees.

Assassin Builds
Back to top Go down
Robb
Commandant
Commandant
Robb

Number of posts : 18
Toon : Robb - Vald - Abrenuncio

Assassin Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Build   Assassin Build Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:53 pm

I played corruption spec with my 1st assassin on the other server. It is not worth going corruption until at least level 70... even then it is not going to be better than lotus. At level 80, if your playstyle is to initiate PvP, the corruption spec will be better, slightly, than lotus. I don't tend to attack people who haven't caused me trouble, so I'm better off right now with the anti-CC, snap kick and golden lotus extract that lotus offers. I think most gankers would find the corruption spec to be a no-brainer.

Since pre-loading exploits have been nerfed and the From the Darkness skill must now be done from stealth (and also can't utilize pre-loading), the corruption spec is not nearly as attactive to many as it used to be.

I actually don't think it is a better spec in many circumstances, and most players are now trying to blend elements of both because of the deficiencies in corruption. However, when they do that they have to waste a lot of points on skills that can't be used in one stance or the other.

Corruption used to have by a good margin the highest potential spike DPS, but that has been reduced by several recent nerfs. I think corruption still has the highest DPS potential, but lotus can average better DPS in a wider range of scenarios, and has more survivablity and escapeability. The reason this matters to me is that you can't re-stealth in combat. In group PvP a lotus assassin is much more viable than corruption. In 1v1 PvP, I think the corruption assassin has the edge... especially if he/she is always the aggressor.

My complaints recently don't have to do with which spec I'm using. Assassin evasion is basically turned off and has been for the past month. We have small hit point pools and armor that by design is almost meaningless. We were supposed to be able to evade, but we evade the same as plate tanks and mages. The impending reductions in DPS to all classes to add more duration to PvP fights and reduce one-shotting... are going to help some classes like healers and mages. Those changes will probably be very, very hard on assassins and barbarians. Well, I'll just have to see how it plays out. I just get the feeling that assassin is a class right now that they don't know how to fix in relation to the other classes. Although we are suffering right now, there are so many things that they just can't afford to do because it would make us totally overpowered overnight. I really think the two things we desparately need are some actual evasion, and the ability to restealth more easily between fights, or during group fights so long as we are not engaged.

Will I go corruption? I have to wait and see what happens with the class and whether my playstyle changes. If I become more of a stike first hunter of other players I think it would be a logical switch. If I stay as more of a survive an attack and punish the attacker for his folly type playstyle, then I think lotus works out much, much better. My PvP success rate is pretty high, when you discount all those times we all get ganked by morons 30 levels higher than us.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lady Seshafir
Commandant
Commandant
Lady Seshafir

Assassin Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Build   Assassin Build Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Ah, thanks for explaining that in a bit more detail. Since I've never played an assassin I don't have any real concept of how their feats work. I do hope they find a way to make the class more balanced. It would be great if there was some constructive comments on the Conan Forums; unfortunately everyone just wants to whine excessively and complain constantly, which doesn't help anyone. pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Assassin Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Build   Assassin Build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assassin Build
Page 1 of 1