Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requiem (Chronicles of Hyboria)

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How's the new PVP affecting game?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Seshafir
Commandant
Commandant
Lady Seshafir

Number of posts : 111
Toon : Seshafir (Tempest of Set), Enyla (Ranger)
Registration date : 2008-08-07

How's the new PVP affecting game? Empty
PostSubject: How's the new PVP affecting game?   How's the new PVP affecting game? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:28 am

Hey all, I've been away all week and haven't played since the new patch. So I was just wondering how the PVP update is affecting the over all gaming experience. I'm assuming it is making it worse, since there is no penalty system in place. But, maybe, just maybe I am wrong. Leave some feedback please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/froghappy
Sabinale

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: How's the new PVP affecting game?   How's the new PVP affecting game? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:41 pm

I quit the server on Saturday, if that's any indication. I did experience increased PKing, and it's not for me so I've rerolled to Derketo PvE to join some friends.
Back to top Go down
Lady Seshafir
Commandant
Commandant
Lady Seshafir

PostSubject: Re: How's the new PVP affecting game?   How's the new PVP affecting game? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:46 am

Darn, that's not good. Maybe I'll avoid adventuring until the pentaly system is put in place....whenever that might me. I guess I'll just focus what little time I might have for the game into harvesting.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Sabinale

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: How's the new PVP affecting game?   How's the new PVP affecting game? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:32 am

You're welcome. I don't hold out much hope for the penalty system changing things as people are going to want their PvPXP no matter what, but I hope I'm wrong.

Good luck with the farming Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Seshafir
Commandant
Commandant
Lady Seshafir

PostSubject: Interesting Info About PVP XP   How's the new PVP affecting game? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:34 pm

Source: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=166635

Ok,

Just so we know what is going on with PVP Xp, we tested under the following circumstances on the BLUESTEEL PVP server:

We dropped a level 70 out of the guild and had various levels shoot him.
We used a level 20, 56, and 71 to shoot a level 70 player basically.

-----------------------------------------------------
1. PVP Xp provides dimishing returns so you can only get PVP Xp 5 times from any given player in a 24 hour period. Thus ganking your bro wont help you much to exploit the system.

2. A level 20 killing a level 70 gets the same PVP Xp as a Level 56 or 71 does killing the same level 70. (this way lowbies cannot gank with higher levels guildies to get mass PVP XP)

3. You DO NOT get even ONE (1) PVP Xp point for killing anyone lower then 7 levels below you. This means if you are 80 and kill and level 73 you would get NO XP but if the guy/gal is 74 you will get some PVP XP.

4. No matter how high the person you killed is above you you get the same PVP Xp as anyone else.

5. Max XP obtainable on first kill is 150 points.

6. You buy PVP armour from the PVP ARMOUR merchants. They are located in Old Tarantia, just left of the TRADE vendors area. ( you can't miss them all )

7. You will get "normal" XP for killing players now.

8. Group PVP Xp is split amugst players. Simply put when more then one player kills another player, grouped or not grouped, the PVP Xp will be divided amungst the players doing damage based on amount of damage done.

----------------------------
It went something like this...with a level 20, 56 and 71 killing a level 70. ALL got the same PVP Xp. (NOT A GROUP KILLING, this was each player killed him solo)

first kill - 150
second kill - 120
third kill - 90
fourth kill - 60
fifth kill - 30
sixth kill - 1

This will mean you can only kill a player 5 times in a 24 hour period for PVP Xp. Remember you can kill other players for more PVP Xp
---------------------------

We also noticed that if guards kill your target before you can kill him or helping you in killing him your PVP Xp is reduced by about 60-70 percent. We did not test this in depth to be totally sure on this though.

NO your LOOT DOES NOT DROP when you die so DO NOT think that there is some type of retribution in place at this time for this patch. The patch notes clearly state there is NO retribution system in this patch. ( i have seen people saying there is retribution of dropped gear and that is FALSE)

The first level of PVP xp is 7000 points - you can do the math and clearly see that it will take a bit for people to get higher level PVP gear (at least more then a few days)

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR COMPLAINING OR IN ANY WAY A COMPLAINT . THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY FOR THE COMMUNITY

---------------------------------
Character - Ranger
Name - Shosyn
Server - Bluesteel
(Our web host is updateing our database for our AOC website. it should be back online any moment. check back often!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's the new PVP affecting game?   How's the new PVP affecting game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How's the new PVP affecting game?
Page 1 of 1