Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requiem (Chronicles of Hyboria)

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PvP Class 1 recap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roggy
Commandant
Commandant
Roggy

Number of posts : 45
Toon : Rognarr the seething ball of ferociousness!!! :D
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PvP Class 1 recap Empty
PostSubject: PvP Class 1 recap   PvP Class 1 recap Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 pm

After our guild meeting on Nov. 2nd we held a quick class on pvp movements and keybindings. I'm going to recap the class here because of the amount of information involved and time it takes to implement the changes.

For starters. I find it best to choose your 4 most used combos(or spells, if your a caster) and keybind them to Shift 1,2,3, and 4. This will enable you to move your character by holding down the LEFT & RIGHT MOUSE BUTTONS..which totally frees up your left hand to hit Shift 1,2,3, or 4 to start up a combo... now your fingers are already in place to start your directional hits to perform the combo.

Once you are comfortable with this.. you can start working on "circle-strafing" which is performed by watching and getting used to what directions you need to press for a combo you activated. For example: if a combo calls for an UPPER LEFT hit for your first hit... you can hold down D(while holding in the right mouse button to stay facing your opponent) to strafe to the side and hit your UPPER LEFT hit.. if the next directional required is UPPER RIGHT.. you can hold down A(still while holding in the right mouse button) to strafe the opposite direction around your opponent and when you are in good position hit your UPPER RIGHT hit. When the direction required is a FORWARD hit... you can strafe either direction. The whole point of this technique is to stay to the sides and rear of your opponent, causing them to miss their swings and combos on you. Keep in mind... attacks from the rear do more damage because there are no personal shieldings there at all.

If you need practice learning this or if it is difficult to understand(which it can be).. contact me in game and we'll have a 1 on 1 practice session, sometime.

Some advanced keybindings are to place fast interupts, CC's, and anti-CC's on the keys that are the easiest to reach... the E, R(tricky cause this key is auto reply.. I changed my auto reply to Shift-T to free this key up), T, F, G, or C keys.

I know this is a lot of information to absorb and it might seem confusing.. but with patience and some effort you can learn this and be comfortable with it in a couple days.

THE WHOLE POINT OF KEYBINDING IS SO YOU DO NOT NEED TO "CLICK" ON ANYTHING TO BATTLE IN PvP. ONCE THIS TECHNIQUE IS LEARNED YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR EYES ON YOUR OPPONENT AND HAVE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR CHARACTER... AND THE BATTLE!!!!

ROCK ON!!!
Back to top Go down

PvP Class 1 recap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Requiem :: Guild Information :: Guild Houses :: House of Arms-
Jump to: